M. Gymnastics Finishes Fourth at B1G Ten Tournament, Softball Clinches Win against Michigan State
- Men’s Gymnastics put up an epic performance at the B1G Ten Tournament, finishing fourth behind Ohio State (1), Illinois (2), and Minnesota (3). Sam Zakutney (Ottawa, Ontario) was named B1G Ten Freshman of the year after advancing to the finals for parallel bars and posting a stellar performance. Senior Dominic DiFulvio (Marietta, N.Y.) also qualified for the finals on the still rings. “I think we did a great job tonight, it was our best meet of the year,” commented head coach Randy Jepson.
- Men’s tennis hosted Purdue and Indiana this weekend as well. Although the team lost to Purdue 5-2, their match against Indiana was much more successful, a 5-2 win. Christian Lutschaunig (Richboro, Pa.) and Nika Dolidze (Tbilisi, Georgia) were a winning pair as well as Christos Antonopoulos (Athens, Greece) and David Kohan (Sydney, Australia) to help propel the Lions to victory.
- 12 Men’s Volleyball was swept by Sacred Heart in Connecticut during a very close contest last week. Aidan Albrecht (Old Bridge, N.J.) led the team with 11 kills and Chris Nugent (Fair Lawn, N.J.) contributed four digs. Just a day later, the team redeemed itself with a sweep against Harvard in one of the Lions’ closest games yet this season. Royce Clemens (York, Pa.) led the team with 10 digs and Calvin Mende (Redlands, Calif.) led with 14 kills. The team will host the University of Charleston this Friday at 7 p.m.
- The softball team travelled to Ypsilanti, Michigan this past weekend to play a series against Michigan State. Although the team did suffer two losses to the Spartans, the Lions came away with a 7-3 win as well. Tori Dubois (Mt. Vernon, N.H.) was a powerhouse at the plate while Marlaina Laubach (Northampton, Pa.) propelled the team to victory with her pitching.
- For women’s gymnastics, Sabrina Garcia (Etters, Pa.) and Briannah Tsang (Vancouver, British Columbia) advanced to the NCAA Championships. The two ladies presented nearly perfect all-around scores to earn their spot at the finals.
Congrats to all teams for their hard work this past weekend!