- 12 M. Volleyball (16-9, 8-2) has had a very successful past week. First, the team shocked No. 1 Ohio State by defeating the Buckeyes 3-2 in Rec Hall. Chris Nugent (Fair Lawn, N.J.) led the team with 19 kills while freshman Nathan Smith (Los Altos, Calif.) led the match and the team with 10 digs.
- The men’s volleyball team then went on to defeat Princeton in five sets as well. Aidan Albrecht (Old Bridge, N.J.) added 16 kills to the heated match while Nugent and Royce Clemens (York, Pa.) contributed nine and eight kills, respectively.
- The volleyball team continued its impressive win-streak by taking down NJIT 3-1 at home this past weekend. Clemens led with 13 digs and Smith added 45 assists. This tight game was decided thanks to the 13 kills made by Albrecht and Calvin Mende (Redlands, Calif). The team will take on Sacred Heart University in Connecticut this Friday at 7 p.m.
- Men’s tennis dominated both Nebraska and Iowa this week. Hosting Nebraska at home, the men shutout Nebraska in doubles, and won four of the six singles matches. Against Iowa, the team once again dominated in doubles, but were tied 3-3 in singles before finally pulling ahead to clinch the match win.“I am always pleased when you get a win on the road in the Big Ten,” said head coach Jeff Zinn.
- The women’s track and field squad broke a school record at the Florida Relays. Marissa Sheva (Sellersville, Pa.), Julie Kocjancic (Pittsburgh, Pa.), Frances Bull (Mentor, Ohio), and Danae Rivers (Derby, Conn.) teamed up to achieve the 4x800 in 8:38.17. The previous record, set in 2011, is 8:39.44
- Softball (13-19, 1-4) saw success at its Big Ten home opener, splitting the series with Nebraska. Mollie Sorensen (Stevenson Ranch, Calif.) and Tori DuBois (Mt. Vernon, N.H.) led the team to success, adding three hits each. Shelby Miller (Sugar Land, Texas) created the sole run of the game on a sacrifice fly. Madey Smith (Washington, N.J.) and Marlaina Laubach (Northampton, Pa.) shared in the success of the win on the mound.
Great job to all Blue and White teams, and good luck this week in all competitions!