No. 13 M. Volleyball has Two Wins, M. Golf Wins Rutherford Invitational
- 13 M. Volleyball easily swept Charleston (WV) at home this past week, taking each set by nearly 10 points. Luke Braswell (Manchester, Pa.) led the team with 34 assists, and Aidan Albrecht (Old Bridge, N.J.) added 11 kills to the team victory.
- To add to its success, the volleyball team then took down George Mason in four sets (3-1) to close out the regular season. Calvin Mende (Redlands, Calif.) was the star of the evening as he was named the Mike Anderson Player of the Match. Head Coach Mark Pavlik said of his team, “Nobody really backed off and tried to be safe, and I think at this point in the season that's the sign of 'I’m carrying through with this' and that's the type of volleyball we need to play to be successful in hopefully the next five matches we have." The team will face Princeton in the first round of EIVA Championships this Thursday at 7:30p.m. in Rec Hall.
- The Men’s Golf team won its home tournament, the Rutherford Invitational, this past weekend and was named co-champions alongside Georgetown. Charles Huntzinger (Duluth, Ga.) was three under 68 to tie for fourth with one over 214. Freshman Ryan Davis (Berkeley Heights, N.J.) came in sixth with a 4-over 75. Penn State shot its lowest round in the third round, 287, while Georgetown shot its worst, 299, which resulted in co-champions.
- On the women’s side of things, the Women’s Golf team finished in seventh place at the Lady Buckeye Invitational. The tournament was tight throughout, and Penn State finished with a score of 912 and +48. Jackie Rogowicz (Yardley, Pa.) finished in the top five thanks to her scoring a 73+1 in the final round of the tournament.
- Women’s Gymnastics closed out their regular season with Sabrina Garcia (Etters, Pa.) and Briannah Tsang (Vancouver, B.C.) competing at NCAA Finals. Garcia tied for 41st on the balance beam and 72nd on floor exercise. Tsang tied for 60th on vault and 61st on the uneven bars. “Tonight was a fantastic meet for both
,” said co-head coach Kera Molinaro. “We are so proud of the way they represented Penn State.”
Congrats to all teams, and good luck with this week’s competitions!