Spring Sports Underway with Great Success
- Penn State Track and Field saw tremendous success and its opening meet of the season, held at home at the Horace Ashenfelter Indoor Track. Penn State came away with 15 event wins, a new school record in the 600m, and multiple personal records.
- Penn State Track and Field will be competing in the Rod McCravy Memorial meet this Friday and Saturday in Lexington, KY.
- Women’s Tennis kicked off its season with a home competition against Navy. The Nittany Lions defeated the Goats 7-0, including singles and double sweeps of the military academy. Head Coach Chris Cagle said: “Navy is a well coached team that competes hard so I was happy to come away with the win today.”
- Women’s Tennis will play at VCU at 11 a.m. this coming Saturday with live scoring provided through Go PSU Sports.
- Men’s Gymnastics achieved four titles at the West Point Open. Standouts Favian Valdez (Kearny, N.J.), Colin Coates (Emmaus, Pa.), Dominic DiFulvio (Marietta, N.Y.), and Michael Burns (Baltimore, Ohio) earned titles in floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, and high bar, respectively.
- Men’s Gymnastics hosts West Point at home this coming weekend at 4 p.m.
- Women’s Gymnastics had a strong start to the season, narrowly losing to Nebraska at Nebraska, 195.700-192.900. Nicole Medvitz (Paramus, N.J.) earned the balance beam title with a stellar performance (9.900).
- Women’s Gymnastics hosts Maryland at home this coming weekend at 4 p.m.
No matter what sport it is, we know Nittany Nation will come out strong to support our teams. What are some of your favorite spring sports at Penn State? We hope to see you on the field, in the gym, or out by the track sometime soon!