No. 13 M. Volleyball Defeats UCSB, W. Gym Scores Season Best 196.200 at Penn Meet
- 13 M. Volleyball hosted two west coast teams here in Happy Valley this past week. The team defeated UC Santa Barbara 3-1 on Friday. After dropping the first set, Penn State rallied to defeat No. 15 UCSB. Luke Braswell (Manchester, Pa.) led the team with 37 assists while Royce Clemens (York, Pa.) added 10 digs.
- 13 M. Volleyball then fell to No. 8 Stanford 3-0 on Saturday. Despite the loss, Aidan Albrecht (Old Bridge, N.J.) kept the team alive with 11 kills and a .381 hitting percentage while Braswell again led the team with 32 assists. The team now has a week off to prepare for a March 17 game against Cal-Baptist at home.
- Penn State M. Gymnastics fell to Nebraska and Purdue this past weekend at a tri-meet held at Nebraska. Despite falling to two other Big Ten schools, senior Dominic DiFulvio (Marietta, N.Y.) earned his fifth title of the season on the still rings while redshirt senior Leroy Clarke, Jr. (Maplewood, N.J.) won his first-ever title on the parallel bars. Head Coach Randy Jepson said, “We beat ourselves today, unfortunately. We have to climb back in and get back at it, put the gloves on and get to it.”
- Gymnastics posted a season-best score of 196.200 at this past weekend’s quad meet at Penn. The score was good enough to take the overall meet win as well. Briannah Tsang (Vancouver, British Columbia) tied for first on vault while Sabrina Garcia (Etters, Pa.) won the uneven bars title and Nicole Medvitz (Paramus, N.J.) earned first place on the balance beam.
- Penn State Softball traveled to Colorado to face three teams this past weekend. The team defeated Idaho State 5-2 and dropped two games total to Idaho State (who the team played twice) and Colorado State by a single run. The team then defeated Buffalo on Sunday with an impressive 14-1 final score. Pitcher Madey Smith (Washington, N.J.) allowed only two hits by Buffalo.
Congrats to all of the Blue and White teams that had major successes this weekend! We Are… Proud!